Ingredients (4 people)
- 6 spatula fillets
- Flour: https://www.emporiosicilia.it/prodotto/perciasacchi-bio-molini-del-ponte/
- 2 peppers: https://www.emporiosicilia.it/prodotto/peperoni-grigliati-antica-sicilia/
- 2 red onions
- Salt to taste: https://www.emporiosicilia.it/prodotto/soffi-di-sale-gustosi-sentieri/
- Pepper as needed
- 50 g of Sicilian capers: https://www.emporiosicilia.it/prodotto/capperi-piccoli-di-salina-dop-mirabito/
- Evo oil: https://www.emporiosicilia.it/prodotto/olio-evo-halycos-bio-alicos/
- 50 g of pine nuts
- Start with the preparation of the pepper and red onion cream, sautéing the peppers and onion cut into slices, salted and peppered in extra virgin olive oil.
- Let them stew with the lid on, so that they keep the humidity and don't stick to the pan.
- As soon as the peppers and onions are well stewed, blend everything, taste and, if necessary, add salt.
- Have the fishmonger fillet the spatula, salt the spatula fillets, flour them, fry them in extra virgin olive oil and let them drain on absorbent paper.
- Toast the pine nuts in a non-stick pan.
- Desalt the capers: immerse them for about an hour in cold, clean water and then squeeze them. After that, cut them into small pieces.
Assemble this second course by first placing a layer of pepper cream, then the spatula fish fillets and finally capers and pine nuts.
Enrich the recipe with our 100% Sicilian products: